Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 47

Zack is continuing his impressive independence. . .he is shining when we give him the opportunity! I agree, though--it's rare that we give him a chance to show us his independence. We have his IEP on Tuesday this week, and I'm curious as to what his goals are. He had mastered 19 of 26 braille letters at his first parent conference, and he was at 21 of 26 by the next conference only 4 days later. He's learning how to use his fingers independently on the braille machine, and I'm amazed at listening to him read. I'm noticing that if I don't sit down to blog before I go to bed, I'm not remembering the things I noticed at school that day. Life has been busy lately, and my observations (which I'm sure were valid and would have led me to additional thoughts and questions) are gone from my memory. . .there's a lesson for a teacher-researcher--don't rely on your memory! Maybe I can make short little notes during the day and then add them to the blog. . .I don't have access to the blog at school, so that doesn't help. I will chalk the last few days up to learning a lesson the hard way and start fresh this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment