Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 43

So Zack was too cute today. . .he loves to carry on conversations, and when I was talking with him at the end of the day, he wanted to know what I was doing after school. He is an amazing conversationalist, by the way--very articulate and friendly. I told him I was going home, and he asked if he could come to my house. :) He makes me smile! As I think about this, it might be a little immature for a six-year-old, but he is also somewhat of a clown. Hmm. . .I'll have to watch more of our interactions to see how he compares socially to his classmates. I only had him for a bit today, but he did join us at the end of literacy (and during math and writing as always). He came in as we were discussing our predictions from a story, and our class filled him in on the story so he could join the discussion. His questions about the story were right on target--he definitely has a sharp mind!
We had an interesting interaction with the class today. One boy in my class today was sitting at the carpet when Zack came over to join us as we were all getting ready to start a math lesson. His vision teacher stepped back to get something, and the child said, "Zack, sit." I immediately told him not to be bossy and to apologize (the child is known for being bossy) and reminded him he was not Zack's teacher. I hope I explained to the child how to treat him in the future and why his command was inappropriate. First graders. . .it's always something!
I have a meeting with the vision teachers in the morning to go over Zack's report card before conferences, and then I have a conference with one of his parents on Thursday and the other on Tuesday. I haven't had much interaction with the mother, a little with the father, and quite a bit with the step mother. We'll see how it goes. . .family dynamics are always interesting in conferences! Because of conferences, though, I won't have my kids again until Monday. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment