Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 27

So Zack was so cute today. . .he LOVES playing games in math, and he just giggles and gets so excited when he wins. He is so much fun to watch! So I thought this was interesting--when we play "Top It," (a battle-type game where the kids flip over number cards and the highest one wins), he listens for the biggest number. It never occurred to me that he could simply think about which number is higher. . .it's a simple idea, isn't it? The vision team thinks of everything! The new table arrangements seemed to go fine. We weren't at our desks much today, though, so I'll have to see how Zack's new table mates are responding to him. When we did our partner time for math games, I let the kids choose any partner, and, of course, Zack had two girls who couldn't wait to be his partner. I guess an occasional day of girls is okay. . .I just want to do my best to help him make friends. So I'm curious. . .sometimes when I ask Zack a question, he seems to be confused by what I'm asking. For example, we were doing rhyming words today, and I asked the kids for words that rhyme with "hen." I heard Zack tell his vision teacher "men," and I called on him a minute or two later to share. He kept telling me the word I was giving him--"hen." I know he's very bright, so is this just an attention tactic, or am I confusing him in the way I'm asking him questions? I need to discuss this with his team as I've noticed it happening often. Maybe the attention de-rails his thoughts? Anyway, just a thought I'd like to look into. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment