Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 21

Okay, I am still trying to blog daily and keep it short. . .I think I like it better as it doesn't seem as big of a task to write a few short paragraphs about one day. So Zack and I had an incredible week. His behavior is amazing me--the noises and arguments about needing to go to the bathroom are a thing of the past! My sweet vision teacher who is in there with me all day planned a treat for our class for our birthday, and it was fun to celebrate with the kids. She also had the kids make me cards when I was out with the sub--I'm actually really enjoying having another adult with me throughout the day. Oh--I almost forgot--she also is helping me with some of the one-on-one testing I have to do with my kids. It's SO nice to get through the tests twice as fast!
Zack's schedule has been adjusted, and he is doing his skill work (his vision-specific training) in the mornings and then getting our literacy time when we do the re-teach piece in the afternoon. I like it much better as I feel like he is getting more of the math program. I have total faith in the vision team's scheduling, though, so however it works out, I know he will be getting what he needs. I remembered this week to get the homework to the vision teachers early enough for it to be modified, and I finally remembered to send two folders home with Zack as his parents like to each have their own information from school. I think I am finally getting the hang of things!
When the kids got to choose their own partners for math game time on Friday, there was a pile of girls around Zack. . .I think when I switch up the kids' seating assignments in a week, I am going to put him with mostly boys. I want him to have friends. . .how much can I do? I may need to get creative and think of some situations that would be good for some of the boys to interact with Zack.

No comments:

Post a Comment